Monday, September 14, 2009

Just for the New Mommy, Cute Daisy May DT Card

Happy Monday Everyone!
It's time for another challenge at Cute Daisy May and this time the challenge is to create a baby card.
There were so many wonderful images that the Design Team got to chose from and I chose this super cute Mommy from Sheet 64.
I also am entering this card at Sketch Saturday for their DT Call and the 1st round application deadline is today! It was quite a complex sketch but it worked wonderfully for this image.



As usual I colored the image with Copic's and I edged it with a border made from the Apron Lace border punch by Fiskars.
The dp is DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Boy stack. I used the same border punch to edge the bottom of the card. I printed out the sentiment and added it to a circle sticker. I topped it with a Martha Stewart premade bow.
I added Dew Drops as a finishing touch.



For the inside I use one of the new Spellbinders Pendant dies as the message mat.



What New Mommy wouldn't want this after all her hard work growing a baby? :)
Have a great day!
Katie

7 comments:

Tracey said...

This is just gorgeous!!

Juls said...

such a gorgeous new baby card!! Love it so much..love all the details, the gorgeous ribbons, the pearls! Just everything!! stunning!!

Jo said...

Awwwww! this is adorable! a wonderful card ;)
Thank you & good luck
Jo xx

Gez Butterworth said...

Hi Katie fabulous card. Just love the colours & your image is so cute. Love the idea of a new mommy card. Good Luck with the DT call. Have a lovely week. Gez.xx

♥ Lydia ♥ said...

Super duper card Katie ... love it! :) And good luck x

Barb Hardeman said...

Gorgeous, Katie! How delightful this image is and I love the blue...

Wendy - Anntaurus said...

A beautiful new baby card!